"Colla Voce is committed to the performance, education, and appreciation of a wide range of quality choral music. The chamber singers are honored to have been described as the Auburn area’s premier choral ensemble exhibiting artistic excellence. Literally translated “follow the voice of the Sierra,” Colla Voce is committed to maintaining these standards.
"The ensemble, directed by Janine Dexter, is governed by an elected Board of Directors responsible for the management of the corporation and has acquired the status of a California educational 501 c (3) nonprofit organization.
- To develop a quality choral group in the Sierra foothills that will last for generations to come
- To develop an appreciation of choral music in the community
- To encourage choral music education and creativity
- To achieve professional standards of performance
- To develop excellence in musicianship in its membership
- To enrich lives at home and abroad through choral exchanges
- To secure a lasting foundation as a nonprofit music organization
"Colla Voce presents a series of concerts for the community in May and December as well as participates in the annual Music for Humanity Concert in February. Colla Voce sings for private gatherings during the Christmas season and is often available for other community events. The chamber choral ensemble is currently planning a choral exchange with a choir in Europe. Colla Voce will be hosting a combined concert with that group in our community and participating in a similar combined concert abroad."